Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
The following are the main types of personal information collected:
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- country of residence;
- physical characteristics and appearance (including photographs); or
- any other personal information that may be reasonably required in order to facilitate your dealings with us (Personal Information);
How do we collect Personal Information?
We may collect these types of Personal Information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when:
- you communicate with us in person (face-to-face or over the phone) or in writing (via email, by submitting an application, applying for a position) or via our website;
- you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- you participate in one of our events;
- contractors supply services to our events; or
- information is publicly available.
Why do we collect, use and disclose Personal Information?
We mainly collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to consider your application for a Fellowship or to participate in an event;
- in the course of reviewing any applications;
- to comply with our legal obligations and our agreements with third parties;
- for purposes related to our events, including financing, producing, promoting, marketing and reporting; and
- any other business purpose as is deemed reasonably necessary by us. We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your Personal Information.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
- our employees;
- third party suppliers and service providers to whom we contract out specialised functions (including pay-roll companies, travel agents and any third party contractors engaged to assist with an event or Fellowship);
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government funding departments and agencies (such as Screen Australia, Film Victoria and Screen Queensland, regulatory bodies, and professional organisations and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information outside Australia
Some Personal Information and Sensitive Information may be stored on secure servers located outside Australia.
Using our website and cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and this function can be disabled by changing the browser settings of the user.
We take all reasonable steps to manage data stored on our servers to ensure data security and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information. Notwithstanding the above, we are not responsible for any third-party access to Personal Information as a result of:
interception while it is in transit over the internet;
spyware or viruses on the device (such as a computer or phone) from which you access our website; or
as a result of a person’s failure to adequately protect their user name or password (if applicable).
We are also not responsible for any losses, expenses, damages and costs, including legal fees, resulting from such third-party access.
Access to Personal Information
You can access the Personal Information held about you at any time by contacting us at admin@nataliemillerFellowship.com.
We will always endeavour to meet requests for access. However, in some circumstances we may decline a request for access. This includes the following circumstances:
we no longer hold or use the information;
providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other persons;
the request is frivolous or vexatious;
the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be disclosed as part of those proceedings;
providing access would be unlawful; and
providing access would be likely to prejudice the detection, prevention, investigation and prosecution of possible unlawful activity.
If we decline a request for access, we will provide reasons for our decision when we respond to the request.
We reserve the right to charge you, a reasonable fee for access to your Personal Information. These charges will be limited to the cost of recouping our expenses for providing you with your Personal Information, such as document retrieval, photocopying, labour and delivery.
Changing or deleting Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collecting, using or disclosing the Personal Information.
If you believe that any Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, you may contact us at admin@nataliemillerFellowship.com.
We will do our best to correct any Personal Information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date or dispose of it in accordance with this Policy.
If you have a complaint in relation to the way your Personal Information has been handled by us, the complaint should be made in writing to us in the first instance. We will investigate the complaint and prepare a response to you in writing within a reasonable period of time.
We can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, our policies will be reviewed and may be revised. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time.