In 2017, the NMF will deliver the Brilliant Careers Leadership Program inspiring women to develop their leadership skills.
Women from all sections of the screen industry are urged to participate including exhibition, distribution, broadcast, post-production, production and cultural agencies.
To be considered for this unique national program, you must register your interest before Monday 16 January 2017.
1. The NMF Brilliant Careers Leadership Conference
A one-day conference for 100 participants will be held on Friday 24 February 2017 at RMIT University in Melbourne.
It will focus on providing practical tools and advice to maximise mentoring and networking opportunities, and examine the components and value of creating a personal brand.
Expressions of Interest are now open and will close on Monday 16 January 2017. Those selected to participate in the conference from their Expression of Interest will be notified on Tuesday 24 January 2017.
2. The NMF Brilliant Careers Mentor Program
56 women will be selected from Conference participants to attend a Round Table dinner in their State or Territory. The networking dinners will be hosted by a senior industry figure, and are slated for April/May 2017.
These women will then be supported to connect with a mentor for a minimum of 4 one-hour sessions to provide rare insights into their area of professional development. Mentorship sessions are to take place from June to December 2017.
Mentors will include some of the most well respected leaders in the industry.
Women are encouraged to nominate mentors that they wish to work with, and we will endeavour to connect them. These nominations can be anyone from within the screen industry or outside of it!
Mentors may also be selected for applicant mentees by the Natalie Miller Fellowship from industry leaders who have already signed on to be mentors, including:
- Mike Baard, Managing Director, Universal Pictures International Australasia
- Stephen Basil-Jones, Executive Vice President Aust NZ, Sony Pictures Releasing
- Jo Bladen, General Manager, Studios, The Walt Disney Company, Australia & New Zealand
- Fiona Cameron, Chief Operating Officer, Screen Australia
- Mandy Chang, Head of Arts, ABC TV
- Martha Coleman, Producer/Partner, Revlover
- Amanda Duthie, Director/CEO, Adelaide Film Festival
- Gail Fuller, Co-Founder, Rising Sun Pictures
- Posie Graeme-Evans, Novelist, producer, editor, director and former Director of Drama at the Nine Network
- Ana Kokkinos, Feature Film and Television Director
- Wayne Lewis, Co-Founder, Rising Sun Pictures
- Sue Masters, Head of Scripted, SBS TV
- Seph McKenna, Head of Production, Roadshow Films
- Amanda Morrison, Transmedia Producer, Transmedia For Change
- Chris Oliver-Taylor, Managing Director, Matchbox Pictures
- Julie Raffe, Finance Director, Village Roadshow Limited
- Debra Richards, CEO, Ausfilm
- Jenni Tosi, CEO, Film Victoria
- Jude Troy, EVP TV Development and Acquisitions, eOne Films, ANZ
- Deanne Weir, Executive Director Channel Aggregation and Wholesale, Foxtel Australia
Expressions of interest for this Program are now closed. Thank you to all who registered their interest.
The NMF Brilliant Careers Leadership Program is made possible through the support of Screen Australia’s Gender Matters: Brilliant Careers program.
School of Media & Communication
Conference Networking Event Partner: