In 2017, the NMF will deliver the Brilliant Careers Leadership Program inspiring women to develop their leadership skills.
Women Expressions of interest were accepted from women from all sections of the screen industry are urged to participate including exhibition, distribution, broadcast, post-production, production and cultural agencies.
The Program comprises two parts – the Leadership Conference and the Mentor Program.
1. The NMF Brilliant Careers Leadership Conference
A one-day conference for 180 participants was held on Friday 24 February 2017 at RMIT University in Melbourne.
The conference provided practical tools and advice to maximise mentoring and networking opportunities, and examined the components and value of creating a personal brand.
Read a full summary of the conference:
2. The NMF Brilliant Careers Mentor Program
56 women have been selected from Conference participants to participate in the NMF Brilliant Careers Mentor Program.
These women are invited to attend a Round Table dinner in their State or Territory. Each dinner will be attended by a senior industry figure, a representative from the respective state screen agency and the Program Director of the Brilliant Careers Leadership Program. These intimate networking dinners are being scheduled in each capital city between April and July 2017.
The 56 women taking part in this program will then be connected with a mentor for a minimum of 4 one-hour sessions that will provide rare insights into their area of professional development. Mentorship sessions will take place from July to December 2017.
Mentors will include some of the most well respected leaders in the industry.
Women were encouraged to nominate mentors that they wish to work with, from within the screen industry or outside of it!
Mentors may also be selected for applicant mentees by the Natalie Miller Fellowship from industry leaders who have already signed on to be mentors, including:
- Mike Baard, Managing Director, Universal Pictures International Australasia
- Stephen Basil-Jones, Executive Vice President Aust NZ, Sony Pictures Releasing
- Jo Bladen, General Manager, Studios, The Walt Disney Company, Australia & New Zealand
- Fiona Cameron, Chief Operating Officer, Screen Australia
- Mandy Chang, Head of Arts, ABC TV
- Martha Coleman, Producer/Partner, Revlover
- Amanda Duthie, Director/CEO, Adelaide Film Festival
- Gail Fuller, Co-Founder, Rising Sun Pictures
- Posie Graeme-Evans, Novelist, producer, editor, director and former Director of Drama at the Nine Network
- Ana Kokkinos, Feature Film and Television Director
- Wayne Lewis, Co-Founder, Rising Sun Pictures
- Sue Masters, Head of Scripted, SBS TV
- Seph McKenna, Head of Production, Roadshow Films
- Amanda Morrison, Transmedia Producer, Transmedia For Change
- Chris Oliver-Taylor, Managing Director, Matchbox Pictures
- Julie Raffe, Finance Director, Village Roadshow Limited
- Debra Richards, CEO, Ausfilm
- Jenni Tosi, CEO, Film Victoria
- Jude Troy, EVP TV Development and Acquisitions, eOne Films, ANZ
- Deanne Weir, Executive Director Channel Aggregation and Wholesale, Foxtel Australia
Expressions of interest for this Program are now closed. Thank you to all who registered their interest.
The NMF Brilliant Careers Leadership Program is made possible through the support of Screen Australia’s Gender Matters: Brilliant Careers program.
School of Media & Communication
Conference Networking Event Partner: